to Five Acre Barn – a new contemporary bed and breakfast set in five acres of tranquil garden and woodland, just a short walk from the beautiful Suffolk coastline and the seaside towns of Aldeburgh and Thorpeness.
Due to open in late February, we are busy renovating a beautiful nineteenth century barn and building a stunning new shingle clad guest wing building. Please check out our progress at www.fiveacrebarn.wordpress.com or follow us at fiveacrebarn on Instagram.
We hope all our guests will treat Five Acre Barn as their home from home …..
- Unwind in your bright, generous suite or while away the day on your room deck. Perhaps enjoy a relaxing, holistic, massages in your room or as you are only a mile away from the sea – how about a marine algae Facial or Seaweed Back Treatment?
- Browse the many delicious breakfast options and take it in the Barn or in your room. Your choice!
- Relax by the wood burner in the Barn, play a game of chess or chat with new found friends. If you are around in the afternoon enjoy complimentary tea and home baked goodies.
- Help yourself to delicious locally sourced range of tasty snacks – Suffolk salami, Orford smoked prawns, locally smoke olives, crisps, homemade hummus etc. or choose your favourite tipple from our well-stocked ‘Honesty’ bar.
- Crank up the BBQ and eat al fresco out in the garden. If it gets chilly lit the fire pit and watch the stars
There will be five double guest bedrooms. Bedrooms one to four follow the same layout with king size beds (twins available in bedroom two) set on an airy mezzanine - lie in bed and take in the Suffolk skies through a huge roof-light. Downstairs is the sitting room – read a book, look out at or sit in the garden or watch TV (if you must). All rooms have compact - but perfectly formed - bathrooms - bedrooms one and two have wet room style showers. Bedrooms three and four have baths in which to soak and indulge. Bedroom one is dog friendly.
Bedroom Five will be our ‘Garden Room’. Laid out on a single storey (fully accessible for wheelchair users or for guests that would rather not negotiate stairs at bedtime) it will enjoy the full height of the roof and sweeping views across the garden to be enjoyed from a comfortable sofa. There is both a fully accessible shower and a luxurious bathroom.
We would like to keep our pricing nice and simple – with the same rates throughout the year (apart from Christmas and New Year).
We will be offering a 20% discount on all October and November bookings – as we find our feet. We will be open for Christmas and New Year
If you would like to rent out the whole property we completely understand – it’s a lovely place for a family get together, small corporate event or party. Rates depend on the time of year and as we are primarily a B&B it’s a good idea to book well in advance..
Booking – if you would like to book then either call us on 07788 424642 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or complete this form.